We are a nonprofit organization devoted to the economic and social development of communities of impoverished women.
We incorporate models of entrepreneurship and business training that lead them to produce for markets with a higher purchasing power using computer technology as their permanent connection to the world.
- We seek the sustainable development of the communities in order to achieve economic, social, and environmental sustainability. We foster personal development while caring for the community life and the environment.
- Communities produce according to their capacity and their life conditions. We respect their decisions in terms of turnaround times, organizational forms, and pace of life. We do not want them to take on a pace that will destabilize their family lives.
- The women work from home in order to allow them to care for their families but they learn to travel to the points of sale by helping each other.
- We discovered each community’s production profile and introduced tradition to modernity through the design of modern and appealing products that uphold their cultural symbols.
- We monitor the materials used in each product to support environmental care as well as the regeneration of consumables.
- Displaying new designs generates knowledge about the communities which helps with social inclusion and the success of their products.
- We teach the communities how to establish fair and more equitable business relationships with several clients to better balance their income.
- Fair prices are established according to quality and turnaround time. We teach how to avoid haggling and how to sell in higher purchasing power markets.
- Communities reach exclusivity agreements understanding the needs of their clients and the importance of trust in a business relationship.
- We include the communities in the market and in the world using computer technology as the vehicle for their participation in far more areas:
- They learn about new designs, prices, and sales points using the Internet.
- They observe the differences between the markets where they can offer their products in order to profile them correctly.
- They connect and participate in spaces that used to be unattainable. They are informed and trained.
- They are permanently connected to the world. They can communicate with clients, providers, and all of the important people in their lives.